Deering Police Department Deering, NH 03244
MONTHLY REPORT JUNE 2009
- Conducted interviews of certified candidate for open PT Officer Position.
- Several “extended” call outs, including suicide attempt (attempted self-hanging) as well as Underage Drinking/Skinnidipping Party at the Beach/Dam Area at 3AM (Some of ConVal’s Class of 2010 socializing together).
- Capt. Cavanaugh attended training session regarding Conducting Employment Background Investigations.
- Some of PD Annual Firearms State Qualifications done, most were not though, because of saturating rain storms.
- Chief Pushee attended training in Traffic Control Strategies at Primex (workers comp/liability insurer).
- Chief Pushee assisted the Police Academy by helping teach the Full Time Officer Recruit Class in the use of Police Expandable Batons.
- Chief Pushee scheduled to attend Firearms Instructor Recertification Class in July 2009.
- Speed Enforcement Patrols Grant: We continue working these directed enforcement patrols in 4 hour blocks during commuter hours, per NH Highway Safety Agency grant.
- DWI Regional Saturation Patrol Grants: We have been approved through NH Highway Safety to assist in Statewide directed DWI Enforcement Patrols for 3 weekends over the summer months (June, July, and August).
- DWI Enforcement Patrols Grant: We have been approved and have started our own Directed DWI Enforcement Grant to target DWI Drivers (90 hours of overtime (secondary officer), through NH Highway Safety).
- OHRV Enforcement Patrols: We have concluded this grant program and I have sent the F&G Department an invoice for the final quarterly reporting period.
ACTIVITY REPORT: Calls For Service Logged: 416
DPD Call Outs 15 (Alarms, Person Assists, Criminal Complaints, Suspicious Activity Investigations, Rescue Assists, Department Assists, Disturbing the Peace, etc.).
MV Enforcement: 136 (123 warnings, 3 parking warnings, 7 summons, 1 arrest)
MV Accidents: 0 (1 reported, but gone on arrival)
ARRESTS Total: 11
Charges: Involuntary Emergency Admission (Psych Hold) 2
Arrest on Warrants 2
Transporting Alcohol by Minor 1
DWI (2nd Offense), Drive After Suspension, et al 1
Possession of Drugs (at Alt. School Campus) 1
Possession of Alcohol by Minor 1
PossessAlcohol/DisorderlyConduct/ResistingArrest/ et al 3
OPEN INVESTIGATIONS: Ongoing investigation from JuveParty, Burglary, Conduct After Accident
MILEAGE TOTAL: 3,965 miles
2007 Crown Vic: 80,550 (2,833) 2003 Expedition: 73,955 (1,142)