1765 - Masionian Proprietors sell land in Big Lots 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 to new Scotch-Irish settlers from Londonderry and Chester forming Deering.
1770 - April 10, first deed in Deering recorded to Samuel Patten.
1774 - Town of Deering incorporated, first town meeting at Alexander Robinson's Tavern.
1774 - 1819 - Annual money raised at town meeting to support Protestant minister.
1777 - Captain Ninian Aiken and eighteen Deering soldiers march to Acworth to help Army at Fort Toconderoga.
1784 - Committee formed to locate building site for town meeting house.
1785 - One Penny per acre tax assessed to all except Quakers to finance building of meeting hours.
1788 - Meeting house raised in two days with the help of labor from neighboring towns.
1789 - First Deering Church organized on Christmas Eve.
1793 - Alexander Gregg dies. He built the first dam at the site of the current dam at Deering Reservoir, then known as 'Gregg's Pond.' Alexander was a Deering Selectman, and distantly related to NH Governor (1953-1955) Hugh Gregg, and NH Governor (1989-1993) and Senator (1993-2011) Judd Gregg.
1797 - Deering voters agree to support public library
1828 - Hillsboro mills increase demand for wool and Deering farmers expand sheep herds.
1829 - Deering Congregational Church built, Reuben Loveren builder.
1830 - Methodist Church built in East Deering
1856 - Deering home to a clothing mill, store, two sawmills, two hotels, three wheelwright shops, 179 houses, 1,499 cattle, 183 horses, 194 families, and 1,089 sheep.
1869 - 70 - Railroad comes to West Deering
1884 - Deering Lake dammed for water power by Piscataquog Reservoir Company. Paid for in part by the towns of Weare ($2,500) and Goffstown ($2,500) to help ensure mills in those towns along the Piscataquog had sufficient water supplies during dry spells.
1902 - First Old home day.
1905 - Snow rollers used to pack down roads.
1920 - Deering population at all time low at 288.
1921 - First black top road from Hillsborough to Deering Center.
1922 - Community Club brings running water to Town Hall.
1924 - Community Club sponsors Sesquicentennial Celebration, World War I Memorial dedicated.
1925 - Mechanized vehicles replace horse drawn road maintenance equipment.
1926 - Deering Library moves into Center Schoolhouse, first meeting of Women's Guild.
1930 - Population rises to 324.
1931 - Community Club completes extension to Town Hall, Deering Conference Center opened as "gift to the people"
1932 - Deering in depression, Red Cross distributes flour and cloth to the needy.
1933 - WPA road relief construction contributes $1,954.00 to Deering.
1935 - Emergency Relief to Unemployed gives Deering $4,401. Federal Government gives Deering 4,658 for various public works projects.
1936 - New Deal Programs give Deering 5,240.52 for Town Hall reovation, flood control and building of town sheds. Additional WPA funds for blister rust control and road projects. Health Clinic opens at Chester McNally's house.
1937 - Deering Credit Union organized. More federal funds to Deering, Electricity comes to East Deering.
1938 - Great New England Hurricane, Red Cross helps local farmers rebuild. Earthen dam at Deering Reservoir built in 1884 fails, sending 100's of acres of water downstream, causing failure at the Weare Reservoir.
1940 - State of New Hampshire rebuilds dam at Deering Reservoir for recreational purposes with assistance of $2,500 from Deering taxpayers. Water level ensured, spurring development of cottages along the shoreline.
1941 - War comes to Deering, Observation Center built on Willgeroth Farm at junction of Old County Road and Route 149. Town meeting votes to pay road crews .475 cents per hour.
1942 - Rationing goes into effect. Women's Guild prepares sewing kits for local servicemen.
1943 - SS Dorchester sinks upon torpedoing by German U-Boat. Deering's Clark Poling dies during the incident, though becomes a hero as one of the 'Four Chaplains' on board, who gave their lifejackets to others so they may survive
1945 - War ends, World War II Memorial dedicated. Last eight grade class graduates from East Deering one room school.
1946 - First Catholic Selectman elected.
1950 - Juliette Whitaker dies at 97, ending her stories to East Deering students about her early life under Presidents Buchanan and Lincoln.
1951 - Town meeting votes to raise road crew pay to $1.00 per hour and Road Agent's to $1.10. NH State Legislature renames Wolf Hill to 'Clark Summit' to commemorate Clark Poling of Deering
1954 - Voters agree to join Hillsborough Cooperative School District. End of one-room schools in Deering.
1964 - Town purchases old 'Hotel Lot in the center of town to stop placement of mobile home on the site.
1966 - Planning Commission votes to keep Deering rural and not to invite new industries.
1967 - Community Club, the major town organization for fifty years, disbands. Old Home day resumes with large turnout and many children's games with life animal prizes.
1969 - Town Offices move to second floor of town hall.
1970 - Both Police Chief and Road Agent appointed by Selectmen rather than being elected. First woman Selectman elected. Population at 578.
1971 - Library painted and landscaped.
1974 - Grand celebration of Deering Centennial. Murdough Fire Station built on Old County Road
1975 - First fire house in town built.
1980 - Deering Population rises to 1,041
1981 - McAllister Fire Station built in West Deering
1984 - Deering Beautification Committee develops plan to utilize the old 'Hotel Lot' for community purposes. Measure fails at town meeting.
1989 - Community Church celebrates Bicentennial.
1990 - Donovan Fire Station built near the center of town on Route 149. Population rises to 1,707
199? - Deering Taxpayers Assocation founded.
199? - Political dispute in town leads to arrest of Deering Selectmen.
199? - Deering Connection founded.
2000 - Old Home Week revived with parades, concerts, art show and other public celebrations. Population at 1,875
2001 - Deering responds to 9/11 crisis with volunteers, contributions and public discussions.
2002 - Selectpeople include two women for the first time.
2004 - Voters approve extensive town hall renovation and expansion.
2015 - U.S. Senators Lyndsey Graham and John McCain campaign in the Deering Town Hall for Graham's Presidential bid